Thursday, August 28, 2008

Candice Bradfield

Hi Lucien

Out of interest, which category did you enter? It's a pity they have changed the website as I would have liked to look at all the entries. Like you said, some of them were cut and paste jobs, and I would even go as far as to say that most of the entries (in the grand format prize section) did not constitute good design. The scale of this particular project makes it really amazing, there is so much you can do with the whole side of a building - yet most of the entries looked like your
standard level poster. Please excuse my ranting, but I was very excited to take part in the competition.

I feel sorry for those people who were still waiting to hear the results. When Tracy (I think it was, but stand corrected) called me to ask if I was attending the Awards Party, I said that I wasn't sure and asked if the finalists were going to be notified. When she told me politely that the finalists had already been told I did feel like a bit of a tool. I don't think it was made explicitly clear that the finalists had been told in the email sent on 19/08/08. Is there anything to stop them from announcing the winners before the party? Obviously they know, and would have told their friends so it's no state secret. I will be interested to see how they respond further to the situation.

No comments: